Hands up if you over pack your travel make up bag! That definitely used to be me. I thought that I needed to take everything and the kitchen sink with me. I have since come to my senses somewhat after realizing that I didn’t even use half the make up I was taking away with me. This inspired me to cut down on the make up that I took away with me on trips. Now I feel like I have cut it down to what could be considered a sensible amount 😂
I used to take a medium sized make up bag that I would to fill with a couple of each product. I have now cut down to a make up bag the is half the size that has space for my make up brushes and my most essential make products. Below I listed all the essentials I take with me on trips. No product goes unused.
Make Up Brushes
I take an assortment of foundation, powder, bronzer, highlight and eyeshadow brushes from:
- Real Techniques
- Colourpop Cosmetics
- Wet n Wild
- Kylie Cosmetics
These products are my most loved and most used when do my make up. All these products work amazing together in creating a natural look.
- Too Faced Hangover Primer
- Sephora Green Colour Correcting Concealer
- Essence Camoflauge Concealer
- It Cosmetics CC+ Cream
- Wet n Wild Pressed Powder
- Elf Cosmetics Contouring Bronzing & Blush Duo
- Xo Beauty Highlighter
The tartelette eyeshadow palette has an amazing range of shades which gives me a couple of options when do my eye make up.
- Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Essence Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
- Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette Palette
I take four different formulas of lip products away with me so that I can choose a product depending on what I want on my lips when I do my make up for the day. My most chosen one currently is my Nars lipstick it gives a nice sheer nudey shimmery pink colour that enhances my natural lip colour.
- Hourglass Lipstick in Futurist – opaque nude muted pink
- Dior Lip Glow in 110 Halo Pink – pink holographic balm that adjusts to the ph of my lips
- Fenty Beauty Lip Gloss
- Nars Lipstck in Orgasm – sheer shimmery pink
These are all my make up essentials, do you think it’s a sensible amount to take away on a trip or is it still to excessive ? Are you a fellow over packer ? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Until next time,
Kayla Jay xo